Sunday, April 14, 2013

Galactose: Diet Edition - Day 5

Today, I finally reached something that can be approximated as a "playable" prototype, albeit, one very early in development.

Overall, things are moving forward surprisingly quickly, and I think I've now finished taming most of the matrix madness for now.

I also managed to get sfx and music, along with a proper chase camera(okay, a very fixed one, but still behind the player!), shots, collisions(very basic), an ai(it wanders) and death, in order to reach a basic first pass at a combat prototype.

I won't claim its "fun" yet, but at least you can fly around and pew pew, although, they don't pew-pew back, *YET*.

One of the more glaring bugs atm, is that all of my models are backwards, which looks *really* odd when looking at the ai fly their hamburger fighters.

Tomorrow, I'll probably add a skybox, try and improve the AI a little bit, and possibly investigate adding some kind of trail effects, and fix some of the remaining bugs. Oh, and probably investigate how to package resources with the .apk so I can have everything self-contained.


No comments:

Post a Comment