Thursday, April 11, 2013

Galactose: Diet Edition - Day 2

So, its still very much a WIP, but today I figured out a lot of small things which allowed me to finally render something that looks somewhat close to a cupcake fighter...

Initially, I had to fix some issues with the ObjMeshRenderer, which was mainly that it was using the wrong base for vertices, and that it was only binding one vertex stream for positions.

Next, I had to refactor my resources and other content managing code so that building render stuff was not a giant mess. This worked out pretty well, although, once i get a bit further along I'm probably going to rewrite some of my render glue classes since they're a bit lacking.

I also implemented a very basic touch detector to move the camera forward and backwards, mostly for testing purposes.




 

 Tomorrow, I hope to squash some odd projection issues and toy around with basic flight controls using a MOGA controller, and hopefully investigate rendering performance to get an idea of how many things can be rendered at once, etc. I strongly suspect its going to be far more brutal than even on an old Intel (Laptop) GPU, but I guess we'll see. CPU Performance will also be interesting to look at, I suspect I'm going to be limited to at most a small handful of ships at any one time, at any rate...

Also, I need to start playing around with some trails, but even the LQ trails from Galactose won't work since they still used a bit of geometry expansion in the geometry shader stage, which, is *NOT* present in OpenGL ES 2.0... And thats also going to require blending...

No comments:

Post a Comment