Friday, April 12, 2013

Galactose: Diet Edition - Day 2.5



Finally fixed the matrix problem, there were actually a few things going on at once, and I just hadn't tried the right permutation of tweaks to fix everything.

Spent some time fighting with an odd issue when normalizing normals and then OpenGL not returning from a draw call when that was done. I'm not sure what to make of it, so I worked around it, though I might try submitting a bug report when I figure out who to submit it to (google? samsung? someone else?).


Above: My MOGA Controller,
They were giving them out for 
free at PAX East 2013

Its not visible from the picture, but I also added MOGA Controller support to it. I'm impressed with what I've seen of the SDK for MOGA - its even easier to get started than even XInput! (Basically, one-two lines of initialization code, then, just poll the controller, though, it also supports an event model, which I haven't looked into yet.

I think my next goal is to actually implement flying and such (ie, 6DOF fun stuff), which shouldn't be too hard once I throw in a Quaternion class...

After that, the next obvious steps are GPU performance testing or basic combat (which involves collision detection, projectiles, trails, and so forth)

No comments:

Post a Comment